AYSO and Region 213 offer a variety of programs for you and your family.
Rec programs, are our most popular option. These are soccer seasons for anyone and everyone, and are great for any skill level.
- Jamboree is our U5 program. For your young players to get out there and learn some of the most fundamental skills in a structured manner.
- Rec is our U6 to U14 program, our primary program, and most of our players join this season.
- U1619 is for our U16 and U19 players. It is a more relaxed program suited to the changing needs of mid to late teens who still want to enjoy the game of soccer.
- VIP is an absolutely wonderful program for our physically or mentally disadvantaged players, and this program truly brings into light AYSO's philosophy of Everyone Plays.
- Adult League is fairly new and allows parents (or older siblings 18+) a chance to play organized soccer in a way that keeps the game safe, fair and fun.
- We encourage the players to take time off for Winter. It helps the excitement when the player returns to the sport after a short break, and helps keep that love of the game strong.
- For those that wish to continue in the Winter, our neighbor regions have activities that you can look into.
- Most of our Fall programs return for Spring. Several are more relaxed, allowing a more lenient approach. The Rec programs page has more details about the Spring differences.
- We encourage the players to take time off for Summer. It helps the excitement when the player returns to the sport after a short break, and helps keep that love of the game strong.
- Irvine limits field usage in the Summer, using this time to repair and regrow the fields, one of the reasons AYSO Region 213 has good fields.
- For those that wish to continue in the Summer, consider one of the soccer camps (see below, under Academy.) Also, our neighbor region in Tustin might have activities that you can look into.
These are for those players that really need something more challenging. Teams in these programs are usually by try-out or invite. This does not mean that talented players belong only here, as the Recreation program is also well suited to work with advanced players. We encourage you to look into the Recreational program as an option to these programs.
- Extra is our Fall program, with one team per division to represent Region 213 in matches against other Section 11 Extra teams. Tryouts are usually in February for these Fall teams.
- All-Star teams are formed for Winter by inviting players from various Fall Rec teams, giving the Rec players a chance to compete at a higher level. This is a short soccer-intense season.
- Spring Select teams are primarily Fall Extra and Winter All-Star teams that continue into the Spring. These teams mostly play within Area Q, but some might play at Section 11.
These are great to get a bit of extra soccer or extra training. They are both fun and developmental. Most of these programs are in addition to the Rec or Competitive seasons.
- NIYA - North Irvine Youth Academy is a once-per-week session run by our Professional Trainer from UK International. This is in addition to your regular season.
- GKA - Goal Keeper Academy is a great opportunity to for parents (or teams U10+) to send a player for specialized training as goal keeper. This is run by our highly qualified UKI Trainer.
- AYSO Camps - offering both half-day and full-day camps, at various times throughout the year - usually in Summer.
- Playtime Adventure - America’s #1 Physical Development Program for Children 3 to 6!
Ages 3 to 6
- Playtime Adventure - America's #1 Physical Development Program for Children ages 3 to 6.
- U05 Jamboree - A great program for our young players to get out there and learn some of the most fundamental skills in a structured and fun manner. We get great feedback on this program.
- U06 Jamboree - Similar to the U05 Jamboree, but with set squads.