Wait List Procedures
The Region strives to place all players who want to play on a team. The issue, however, is making sure we have enough volunteers to coach all of the teams in each division. We want to make sure there is room before we process your child's application.
The Region takes all applications received on or before the last face-to-face registration event and converts them into registered players. Applications received (in the mail) after the last face-to-face registration event are not automatically registered -- they are placed on "hold" or on the "waitlist."
The player applications are not processed while they are on the waitlist. We will process the application and register your child only when we can confirm they can be assigned to a team.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several questions we get asked:
- Is there room in my child's division (before I send the application in)?
Answer: It is risky for us to tell you if there is room in a division before you submit your child's application for a variety of reasons such as:
- We don't know how many other applications are "in the mail" which might be ahead of you.
- The division commissioners are still recruiting coaches and might not be ready to say whether or not the division has openings.
- When or how will I find out if my child was placed on a team?
Answer: There are three ways you can find out:
- You can log into your eAYSO account and look up the team your child is assigned to. If they have not been assigned to a team, then they are still on a wait list.
- You will hear from the coach as soon as the coach received the registered player form. And,
- You can contact your child's division commissioner. A list of division commissioners (and their email address) is available under the "Parents" tab under "Divisions and Division Commissioners."
Keep in mind each division can - and usually is - at a different stage. If you have 2 or more children, then you might find out one child has been placed on team while the other one is still on the waitlist.
- Do I have to send in an application to get on the waitlist?
Answer: Yes. We need to receive the complete application package to place your child on the waitlist. We need to be able to immediately complete the registration of your child to place them on a team -- we cannot and will not hold spots on teams waiting for the application package to arrive.
- Can I hand deliver the application?
Answer: No. We do not accept hand delivered application packages. All application packages must be sent via a mail service to our mailbox.
Players are placed on the waitlist in order received (based on the postmark). In the case of applications received by the Region with the same postmark date, the Registrar may utilize, at his/her discretion, the earlier of the mailing date or the earlier of the eAYSO pre-registration date in order to prioritize the waiting list.
The Regional Registrar is the sole authority with regards to the prioritized waiting list. The Regional Registrar determines the order players will be taken off the waitlist and placed on teams. Additional clarifications:
- Division Commissioners do not have the authority to maintain a separate ordered waiting list for their division.
- Players are taken off the waitlist in the order es
- A coach who is short players on their roster cannot identify a specific player candidate on the waitlist to be placed on their team.
- A coach cannot recruit players to be on their team. Coaches cannot tell the parents of a specific player candidate they will be placed on their team if they send in their application.
- The Region reserves the right to take players off the waitlist out of order when the division needs a coach and the player on the waitlist has a parent or guardian are willing to coach a team.
The Region reserves the right, at its discretion, to offer a playing spot to any player on the waiting list.
We also reserve the right to move players between teams prior to the start of the season to preserve team balancing when a player on the waitlist is added. In other words, you would never form another team from just the kids on the waitlist – you would want to do your best to place them on existing teams and remove players from these teams to place them on any newly created team.
Still have questions?
Send them to email@example.com and someone will respond to you as soon as available.