Open Registration Events
||Sunday, January 6 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
|| Sports Authority
Tustin Market Place
13702 Jamboree Rd
Irvine, CA 92602
AYSO Region 213 is pleased to announce registration for the 2013 Spring Season is now open.
Spring Season is scheduled from March 2 through May 18, 2013.
The Spring Season format is similar to Fall with some exceptions:
- Each Saturday session will include a practice session followed by a 20-minute game.
- We will continue to form "teams" of 5 players with a registered volunteer supervising the team.
- The 20-minute game will be between two teams with 3 players per team on the field. Each game will be played between two teams per a schedule.
- Under-6: The format is still "to be determined" and will be based on the number of registrations. We will update the details here and under 'The Game of Soccer.'
- Under-7: The Under-7 divisions will continue to play in the same format as Fall 2012 (5v5 with no goal keepers on 25x50 fields)
- Under-8: The Under-8 divisions will continue to play in the same format as Fall 2012 (7v7 with goal keepers on 40x80 fields)
- Under-9 & Under-10: We are hoping there is enough interest in both divisions to continue with separate Under-9 and Under-10 divisions. If not, then we will combine them into a single Under-10 division.
- Under-12 and Under-14: AYSO Region 213 is very pleased to offer "real soccer" (rather than small-sided game) opportunities for both Under-12 and Under-14 players. AYSO Region 213 Under-12 and Under-14 teams will play teams from other AYSO Regions throughout AYSO Area 11Q -- other Regions such as South Irvine, Tustin, Yorba Linda, Costa Mesa, Corona del Mar and Newport Beach.
- The Under-12 division will play 9v9.
- The Under-14 division will play 11v11.
Important Information for players in the EXTRA, All-star, Under-16 or Under-19 programs
These registration instructions DO NOT APPLY TO YOU. Please get in touch with your coach or team administrator for registration instructions and fees related to AYSO Area 11Q Spring Select participation. In most cases, you will only pay a small fee to continue playing during the Spring Season.
Registration is open from October 18 through February 2. After February 2, we will continue to accept late, mail-in registrations (see below for more information on how the late, mail-in registration and wait list process works).
You can register in person or by mailing in your registration.
There are four steps to completing your application. In order to make the registration happen smoothly, it is best if you try to do them at least a day prior to showing up at the Registration Event.
Step 1: Create (or log in to) your eAYSO account.
Step 2: Apply to be a Volunteer(s) using eAYSO.
Step 3: Apply to have your child/children to be Player(s) using eAYSO.
Step 4: Mail in or turn in your Registration Packet.
Step 1: Create (or log in) your eAYSO account.
Log in to or create your eAYSO account.
Don't make a new account if you already have one, it makes more work for you as well as for AYSO. For general information about eAYSO or for support, visit our eAYSO support page.
Step 2: Apply to be a Volunteer(s) using eAYSO.
AYSO is a great organization, and it is run by volunteers. Over 200,000 volunteers donate time nationally to make AYSO successful. We need parents like you to help out. As part of registration, we request each family turn in at least one Volunteer Registration Form.
Visit our Volunteer Page for ideas and information. It helps to have your Volunteer Application done in eAYSO ahead of time, even if you don't know which position you will volunteer for. There will be people at the Registration Day who can help find the right fit for you, based on your time available and skills and interests.
To complete the Volunteer Application in eAYSO, you'll go through 8 screens - Region, Personal Info, Personal Reference, Professional Reference, Volunteer Jobs, Agreement, e-Signature, and Review. If this is for a returning volunteer, most information should already be filled in.
The application is not put into Region 213's system until you click SUBMIT on the review screen. Even though the eSignature and Review screens look like a completed Volunteer Application, DO NOT PRINT from these screens. After you click SUBMIT, there will be an option to print. You want to print ONE copy of your Volunteer Application to turn in at the next opportunity. Make sure you bring a government issued ID with you.
Step 3: Apply to have your child/children become Player(s) using eAYSO.
To Start, it's based on if your player participated in the Fall season.
- Yes, they played R213 in the Fall
- From the eAYSO home screen, toward the bottom left, choose Signup for other program. Then choose the player to sign up for Spring.
- Print out the Player Registration Form from the main screen of eAYSO.
- Go to Step 4 below.
- No, they did not play AYSO in the Fall.
- Choose Application for a new player or Application for a returning player from eAYSO’s welcome screen, based on if the player has played in AYSO before.
When doing the player application in eAYSO, you'll go through 8 screens - Region, Parent Info, Player Info, Agreement, Region Info, Parent Jobs, e-Signature, and Review. If this is for a returning player, most information should already be filled in. A detailed walk-through with screen images is available on our eAYSO Player Registration example.
The example has lots of good tips, but two important things to remember are:
- Buddy Requests need to be entered in eAYSO, on the Player Info screen. See the Buddy Request page for details.
- The application is not put into Region 213's system until you click SUBMIT on the review screen. Even though the eSignature and Review screens look like a completed Player Form, DO NOT PRINT from these screens. After you click SUBMIT, there will be an option to print. You want to print ONE copy of your Player Registration Form to turn in at Registration Day.
Step 4: Mail or turn-in your Registration Packet .
Your registration packet should include the following:
- Player Registration Form (for each player.) Buddy requests should be entered in eAYSO, not handwritten.
- If your child has not played in AYSO Region 213 before, then please make a copy and include a government issued document which verifies their date of birth (such as a Birth Certificate or passport) as needed for each player. We will shred these once their date of birth is verified.
- Volunteer Registration Form. Task should be handwritten in 'other' section. Include division if relevant.
- Prepare and include a check payable to "AYSO Region 213" based on the following registration fees:
|Fall Region 213 Returning Players
||Under-5 through Under-14 players who played in AYSO Region 213 during the Fall 2012 season pay $80/player.
|Under-9 through Under-14 EXTRA, Under-9 through Under-14 All-stars, Under-16 and Under-19 players who played in AYSO Region 213 during the Fall 2012 season need to contact their coach regarding registration instructions and fees for the Spring Season.
|Players who did not play in AYSO Region 213 in Fall 2012
||The standard registration fee for Under-6 through Under-19 players is $125 per player.
|The standard registration fee for Under-5 is $110 per player.
- Send the registration package to:
AYSO Region 213
14252 Culver Dr Ste A
Irvine CA 92604-0326
Important: The address is a UPS Store. And, the UPS store will not accept hand delivered application packages... you must SEND your registration package to us.
Wait List Process
Players whose applications are mailed in late are placed on a wait list. Players are taken off the wait list and assigned to teams based on:
- How much room is available in the division.
- When the application was mailed to us (we use the US Postal Service postmark date to establish order).
- If the division needs a coach, then a player who comes with a parent willing to coach is automatically taken off the wait list.
Please contact your child's division commissioner to find out their status on the wait list. A list of division commissioners is available here: Divisions