Registration - AYSO Region 213
Region 213 Registration Guide
There are 3 things that usually confuse people when registering. Please take the time to read the following 3 items, it will help your registration go much smoother.
Registration Instructions are halfway down this screen.
What is an AYSO Membership Year?
- Every company, activity, school, or group has a certain date that starts their year. AYSO starts theirs on August 1st, and calls it a Membership Year.
- Fall 2015, Winter 2015/2016, Spring 2016, and Summer 2016 are all part of AYSO's MY2015.
- The first time you play each membership year, you will [Apply as a new / returning player] and pay the $20 region fee. This is usually done for the Fall season, but if you skip Fall and play in Spring or another program, you'll need to do these steps before signing up for your program.
Apply or Sign-up?
- [Apply for new / returning player] in eAYSO is something you only do only once per membership year. This tells us that you will participate in (at least) one of our programs this year. There is a Region Fee of $20 for this which is used primarily for annual SAI insurance. Allow 24 to 48 hours for the Application to be processed. You'll get an email when processed.
- [Sign up for program] is to join any of our programs, such as Fall season, or VIP, or GoalKeeper Academy. There is Program Fee for this which is based on which program.
- If you don't know which to choose, the easiest way to try [Sign up for other program.] If that doesn't work for you, most likely you haven't yet applied or been processed.
New Player or Returning Player?
- [Apply for new player] is for a player that has never been entered into eAYSO. (A new AYSO ID is created.)
- [Apply for returning player] is for a player that already has an eAYSO ID, because they played in previous AYSO membership years.
Region 213 Registration Instructions
There are only two steps to register for soccer in AYSO Region 213.
- Apply as a new or returning player.
Signup for your program.
- Log in or create an account on www.eAYSO.org.
- Click on [Apply as a new / returning player] at the top left of the screen. (See guide above for difference)
- The application is only done only once per AYSO membership year (for seasons from Fall to Summer)
- There is a $20 Region Fee. Payment by credit card will get the application processed much faster, within 24 to 48 hours.
- Once processed, you'll get an email from the Region thanking you, and asking you to sign up for your program. (See step 2 below.)
- Log in to www.eAYSO.org on your account.
- Click on [Sign up for other programs.]
- Choose the program you want to sign up for. Most likely, this will be 1p Fall Core.
- The fee is based on the program (season, camp, etc). You can visit our Programs page for a list of fees throughout the year.
Frequently Asked Questions about registration
What are the fees?
- Region Fee
- $20. Every player must pay this fee once per AYSO Year.
$50 - Volunteer Recognition Fund
$105 - Full Scholarship used for helping a needing family to play
$60 - Half scholarship used toward helping a needing family to play
Two fees? A Region Fee? Program Fee?
- We have always charged this fee, all regions do. It is usually just included in the normal fees.
- This fee covers annual expenses per player, at both local and national levels.
- Based on how our system is structured, it is more efficient for our processing if we split this fee out.
- For your benefit, it helps prevent us from charging the once-a-year fee a second time.
Birth Certificates / age verification
- If you are new to AYSO (and often even if you aren't) you may be asked to provide proof of age for the player.
- You can check if you need this. Click on [Print player form] from the eAYSO home screen. (You don't need to print, just look.) At the bottom right of page one, there is a box that says DOB Verification. If this is empty or N, you should provide proof of age.
- A scan of a birth certificate or passport is sufficient. It can be emailed to email@example.com.
After Open Registration is over, anyone registering goes on our waitlist. The best way to avoid this is to sign up early. The Region strongly suggests signing up to the newsletter (available on the home page of this site) so you can be kept informed of upcoming seasons and registrations.
There are two general ways / times we take people from the waitlist.
We maintain our waitlist through the third week of the season. If you wish to withdraw from the waitlist on your own, prior to that, you can fill in the Drop/Refund request form at www.aysosoccer.org/parents/refunds. If there is still no spot by end of third week, we cancel all waitlist applicants. It is not fair to you, to the team, or to the region to have you join after that point.
- To fill up gaps in teams as we are forming them.
- The region first decides how many teams to form.
- We always allow room to add players to fill up those teams.
- Example: Team size is 7 to 9 players, and we have 72 players. We can create 8 FULL teams and be done. We would probably aim for 10 teams (70 to 90 players) giving us room to add up to 18 more players as they register.
- To fill up gaps as people leave the program.
- Sometimes players quit.
- Sometimes players get hurt.
- Sometimes players move.
- There are various reasons a player may decide not to play soccer. This could happen before the season starts, or during the season.
- If a person leaves, this frees up a spot, which we fill from the waitlist.
- The waitlist priority is based on time of Signup/Payment for the season. The region may take into account city of residence during waitlist registration.
If you have questions about your registration status, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.